Thursday, October 22, 2009

Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

Let's call the column's 1 2 3 etc and the rows A B C etc. so the Top left would be A1, and the one just to the right of that color would be A2... k?






Look #1:



First, get your face ready. Whatever that means for you. And that should definitely mean priming your lid. I'm using Eye Proxy 2 Primer by CS (coastal scents) and then Sally Hansen's eyeshadow base over that (because neither primer is perfect, I'm trying mixing them. I'll let you know how that goes.)

Now, using the only three golds in the whole palatte: F3 for lid (greenish pale gold), H2 for crease (black with gold shimmer), and D4 for highlight (pale pale gold). I foiled F3 on my lid (got my flat brush a little wet with MAC's Fix Plus before putting the shadow on my lid) I then used a small crease brush to do my outter V and crease with H2. Be careful, it's really highly pigmented. I accidentally got it everywhere and had to wipe it off and try again! then, blend out with a fluffy crease brush. Then, use that fluffy brush to apply D4 to right below your eyebrow and the inner corners of your eyes. Finally, use an angled liner brush to add some H2 to your lower lash line to act like eyeliner. Eyeliner on the top lid and mascara on the top and bottom lashes finish off this look. ENJOY!






Look #2:





This one is using the plummy colors in the palette. Emilynoel83 does a great youtube video on a similar tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8frq1Npj_Yo
Again, start with a makeup ready face with primer applied.
I'm using F6 for the crease, H9 for the outter V and lower lash line, D9 for the lid, and C4 for highlight. Again, I foiled D9. I made a big wing for my eyeliner since this was already so dramatic, and I just decided to GO THERE. haha. Don't forget mascara like I did when I took these pictures! =P I'm also wearing bronzer and nude lipstick to allow my eyes to really shine through and so I don't look overpowered by all the makeup. have fun!


Side note: You don't have to do exactly what I do. Everyone has different skin tones and different shaped eyes and lids. What might look good on me might not look good on you, and vice versa. Put your own spin on it if you want to!


~Kelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! =)