Tuesday, November 17, 2009

OPI~ You Don't Know Jacques! Suede Version

I HAD to buy a suede.  I didn't have a choice!  I also HAD to buy You Don't Know Jacques!  So I decided, why not kill two birds with one stone?  I almost bought it Matte, but I'm really glad I went with the suede.  the suede finishes on these polishes is achieved by adding about one metric fuckton of silver glitter in each polish, but they're matte, so they look textured.  It was a brilliant idea, IMO. BUT.

Since nothing in this world can be perfect:

Me, sitting at home, applying my new suede nail polish, thinking I'm completely awesome and that I'll never need another nail polish again.  It spreads like whipped butter, it dries lightening fast, it's almost opaque in one coat, and it looks BALLER.  Time from application to chippage= 45 seconds flat.

WHAT THE F*#%????

Seriously?  It's my NOTD right now and I applied it a few hours ago.  I've already redone two nails and right now two more are chipped waiting to be fixed.  REALLY!?  I guess I can try some China Glaze Matte Magic top coat on top, but I really don't think that will help.  I'll get back to you.

None-the-less, I love this polish.  I love the color.  It's basically amazing.  I wanted to buy You Don't Know Jacques! in the original formula too, but I think I found a good replacement, Orly's Prince Charming.  I'll let you know on that one when it arrives.

Onto the swatching!


Flash



No flash, but edited



Flash

The true color is somewhere in the middle of the three photos.  The flash ones are a better color representation, but the edited one shows the "graininess" of it.  It is truly awesome.  But, if you don't like having chipped nails, bring the bottle with you or something because if you go anywhere for more than 30 seconds you WILL have chips.  just the way it is.  Unless you never touch anything with your hands.... That might get hard though. lol

~Kelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! =)