Thursday, December 3, 2009

BB Couture= An Evil Temptress?

My NOTD is BB Couture's Laguna Lagoon.  I saw it on a blog and couldn't WAIT to get my hands on it! Similar (although I don't know how similar since I don't own them) to MAC's Peppermint Patti and Essie's Mint Candy Apple, Laguna Lagoon is a light mint green creme.  It is absolutely beautiful.  With my skin tone it makes me look a little washed out or pale, so this is definitely a summer color so that I will actually have some color (lol), but I just got it and couldn't resist trying it out!


with flash




No flash




No flash

See my poor ring finger?  So short. Tragic.

So, onto the title of the blog.  What is up with these two polishes I bought?  Can you guys please leave a comment below and tell me if you have had problems with this brand?  Granted, I only have the two polishes as examples to the brand, but the application on both was just so terrible.  They were both thick and goopy and yet, both needed three coats to be opaque and even.  I had bald spots, streaks, goops, and drags all during the first and second coats, and for the third I just put a ton of polish on the brush so that it would just naturally lay flat due to gravity.  It got everywhere and I had some serious clean up.  Also, Opposites Attract started chipping (too thick to chip... maybe, chunked?) off the second day and I had to take it off.  I'm hoping this will last longer because like I said, I have finals, and little time for other stuff, like repainting my nails because they look like shit the next day! FAIL.  I'm not saying I've completely written BB Couture off as a brand, because I haven't, I love the two colors I got and will continue to use them, I'm just saying it's not a polish I'm going to reach for when I just want something easy and long-wearing.  Thanks for listening to my rant, and let me know what you think of BB Couture! =)

~Kelsea

3 comments:

  1. I've never had any problems like that with BB Couture. I love this brand. All of my favorite green shades are BB Couture. Sorry you've had some bad bottles. You should really talk to Kim at OverallBeauty. She's really sweet and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I'm glad you haven't had any issues with BB Couture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelsea!
    I got your email and send it over to BB Couture for her thoughts of what to do. I don't want to give you the wrong advise. I will get back to you when I have an answer for you.:)

    Kim
    Overallbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)