Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dollar Tree Haul~ Maybelline Express Finish

So the lovely Colette blogged about her haul from the Dollar Tree, or more accurately, Dollar TreeS.  Haha.  Well, she got some really great stuff, so of course I had to go to my local Dollar Tree (which I never even LOOKED at the nail polishes at before now) and found some awesome Maybelline Express Finishes!  They didn't have nearly the selection Colette found, and they didn't have any Sally Hansen polishes at all, but I'm happy with what I did find.  (Plus I don't need all those polishes anyway. Right?  RIGHT!?)  Here's what I did pick up:


Khaki Fringe, Bronze Beam, Brown Aluminum, Purple Aluminum, Plum Aluminum

I love the colors I got!  Yay!  When I got them home I decided to compare them to polishes I already own to see if I had any dupes:



Brown Aluminum, OPI's Holiday Glow, Purple Aluminum.
They look more close in real life, but are obviously no where near dupes.



Plum Aluminum and Zoya's Areetha
Pretty close, but in real life Plum Aluminum has silver glitter, and Areetha is a frost.  No dupes.



OPI's You Don't Know Jacques Suede and Brown Aluminum
Pretty close looking, but YDKJ is warmer, and is, obviously, matte.  I'd like to see how they compare on the nails with topcoat!



Wet N Wild's Rustic, Bronze Beam, Color Club's With Abandon
No dupes, but Rustic and Bronze Beam look fairly close.  Rustic has a metallic finish, and although I haven't swatched Bronze Beam, it looks like a glitter finish to me.




OPI's At Your Quebec & Call and Khaki Fringe
The most annoying for me (since I just bough AYQ&C on Ebay) but the best dupe for you guys! AYQ&C is more gold, more saturated, and more duochromey, I think, but they're pretty damn close.  I'll have to swatch these side by side!


Well, I hope I helped out a little, I'll get some swatches up soon.  It's finals week next week, so I'm super busy.  And my patch that's been keeping my left ring finger nail on for a couple weeks finally gave way. Now I have a stub =(  It looks ridiculous. LAME.

~Kelsea

7 comments:

  1. You got some nice shades. I love the khaki shade. Why go to ebay for AYQ&C? Victoria Nail Supply still carries this shade. Nothing wrong with having a stub. Nails always grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Victoria Nail Supply sold it! Thank you! Although the closest VNS is about half an hour away from where I am, and I actually got it cheaper than the usual 8.50 a bottle. But thanks for letting me know I'll definitely go check out VNS ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO JEALOUS of your Dollar Tree. Mine is jankity but doesn't have any nail polish. Believe me, I've looked. Your blog is great and your nails are beautiful :)

    Stephanie
    Short 'n Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation
    however I in finding this topic to be really one thing which I believe I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very huge for me. I am having a look forward for your next put up, I will attempt to get the hang of it!

    Here is my web-site :: master cleanse weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cool! I do not believe I've truly read anything like this before.

    So wonderful to find another person with some unique thoughts on this subject.
    Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is
    one thing that is required on the web, someone with some originality!


    My page natural colon cleanse

    ReplyDelete
  6. A person necessarily help to make critically articles I might state.
    This is the very first time I frequented your website
    page and to this point? I amazed with the analysis you
    made to create this particular put up extraordinary. Great job!



    Also visit my web blog; paint sprayers (presidentialsmoke.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring
    on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same topics you
    discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.

    I know my readers would appreciate your work.
    If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

    My site master Cleanse secrets (Http://trulynaughty.me/members/xgndewey/activity/88169)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)