Sunday, December 20, 2009

Icing, Essie, and OPI, OH MY!

Hey ladies!  I swatched a few polishes today, and wanted to share the beauty!  I'm listening to One Republic's CD Waking Up, and waiting for my best friend Colin to stop by here on his way to San Diego! =)  Sounds like a good day to me!




Flash and no flash of Icing's Peacock.  It's pretty much opaque in 3 thick coats, but I did it over black on my pinkie too.  It loses its green base, but keeps the pinkish purple shimmer.  Pretty.  BTW sorry my hands are dry and there's polish all over my cuticles, I didn't feel like cleaning up if I was just gonna take it off a few seconds later!





Icing's Purple Rain.  I'm disappointed in this polish.  Its super sheer (this is three thick coats) and still looks pretty bad.  Over black is nice though, bright blue shimmer.  I guess I can't complain though since these are my christmas miracle free polishes! =)





OPI's Pamplona Purple.  MMMM.  It's a tad more red in read life, but it's a really amazing purple.  A two or three coater, depending on your preference and application skills.  It was actually a tad thick, I might thin it a little.  Great color, though.





Essie's Brandie Alexander.  I bought this just for the name.  I found it at TJ Maxx for like 2 or 3 dollars.  Steal!  It's more pink in real life, but it is a little on the orange side with silver shimmer.  It's kind of brush strokey and needed three coats.  It was also slow drying.  Hmm.  Not my favorite.  But I love the Feist song by the same name, so I had to own it! =)





Both with flash (the sun went away!!!) My current NOTD

I finally got my hands on Chinchilly!  It's a very pretty tan gray color.  It's not too blue like most other grays I've seen.  It was easier to apply than Brandie Alexander, but still not great.  It was a tad thick, and yet sheer.  I've noticed this about most Essie's I've tried, but I'm hoping that it's just a fluke.  I'm thinking about Konading this, just because I wear a lot of gray and black and brown, so I try to get color from my nails, jewelry, and hair accessories.  I'm thinking cheetah?

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed!  Have a fantastic day, I hope everyone is happy and healthy =)

~Kelsea

3 comments:

  1. That is so interesting how peacock changed so much with a black base!
    I LOVE Pampalona Purple!! I really debated about that one (between that and Ate Berries in the Canaries). Now I'm wishing I had bought both!! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOo I really want Ate Berries in the Canaries too! They're pretty similar but I think ABC is more pink so you need both! lol =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)