Sunday, December 6, 2009

NOTD~ China Glaze Far Out


With Flash




No flash




Flash




Close up to see shimmer, and also, unfortunately, brush strokes.

China Glaze Far Out is a bronzed color.  Like my nails have spent a few too many sessions at the tanning salon and went a little crazy with the spray tan, too.  In the bottle there is obviously a more rosed out base with gold shimmer, but on the nail it tends to blend into one color of brown.  It's very pretty, though.  Maybe a little boring compared to crazy glitters or vampy polishes, but still beautiful none-the-less.  It only needed two thick coats or maybe three thin coats.  The formula was good, very little cleanup!  I bought a new base coat today by Orly.  I'll do a review on it later when I've used it more.  I don't know if it was the base coat or the nail polish, but I dented the crap outta my nails like an hour later when I went to dinner, even though I used Seche Vite on them. =( lame.  I keep trying to do manicures that will last more than a day and a half because of finals and I just can't seem to do it!  Grr!  Haha, oh well, I'd much rather be painting my nails and blogging than studying.  Thanks for reading!

~Kelsea


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade of polish. Love that bronze on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I already dented it so badly! I don't know if it's the basecoat/topcoat or the polish, but its been almost 20 hours! Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelsea , this is one of my fave colors ^_^, looks pretty on you!.
    Have you tried to use the base (strong adhesion) coat from CG ?
    Try to cover real well the edge of the nail with your top coat like in a horizontal motion ( it's hard to explain , I guess you know what I mean), I Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tips Arie, I'll definitely try that out. And I've never used CG strong adhesion. I'll keep an eye out! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)