Saturday, December 26, 2009

NOTD~ Hot Topic Teal

Here's a more deep teal color from hot topic.  It's a shimmer that kind of shows brush strokes, and is a brushed metallic looking teal that leans more blue.  Sadly, there is a gorgeous green and purple flash/duochrome in the bottle, but barely shows on the nails.  Sad.

This one is a great color, but is not my favorite on me.  Idk why but for some reason blues just don't look so great on me =(


flash






No Flash.  Enlarge the last one to see the little bit of duochromey-ness.  Sorry, I forgot to put on cuticle oil before I took the pictures.  And it was really hard to clean up so my skin is a little stained.  Fail!  Also, this is three coats, and even still it's not such great coverage.  It was runny and hard to work with.



And in case anyone wanted to see it, here's the teal from yesterday mattified on my middle and ring fingers.  pretty cool, but not as cool as shinny!

I do like this, but I don't think I would have bought it if I could have tried it before hand.  Which is a shame because I remember thinking that this one was a must in the store! Lol, just goes to show I still can't realize when colors are pretty but not on me.  Oh well!



3 comments:

  1. I think that's the color I have from Hot Topic. I can't tell. I'll link you to my post. My pictures are TERRIBLE, but it looks similar.

    http://shortnchic.blogspot.com/2009/10/horse-with-no-name.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. duochrome! It's gorgeous :)

    xo Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)