Saturday, January 16, 2010

Long Time Lemming Turned Reality~ Metro Chic

Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic has created such a buzz in the beauty world, and I finally got my hands on it!!! (Or more, I finally broke down and paid $9 for it!)

I'm glad I did though, because it is a must have color for every nail polish lover and every crazy color lover, and I'm both!


My poor middle finger. Flash



No flash



Lamp light



Lamp light



Lamp light but then color adjusted to show true color

What a fantastic color!!! Mushroomy brownish taupe gray with a hint of lilac.  I love it.  Sephora by OPI has a lot of great grayed out colors that I really want to get my hands on.  Why are they so expensiveeee?!?!  I did two coats, but it's a little sparse towards the cuticle.  Too lazy to do the third coat, though!!


I also bought a new lipgloss, NYC Liquid Lip Shine in 552 Cappuccino


Over Maybelline's Color Sensational "Warm Me Up"



Over Revlon's Matte Lipstick in "Nude Attitude"

Great lipgloss.  A little glossy, not too sticky but not too watery, shimmery, smells amazing, semi long lasting.  I love these lip glosses!  I now have 4, but will probably own the whole line someday.  Only $2.99 a piece! =)

Also, I went to a casual party last night with my friend Alison, here are some pictures of my makeup!


with flash



no flash



Revlon's Nude Attitude lipstick with Cappuccino over the top =)



Eye makeup done with the CS 88 Warm Palette, which is my baby and I love it



Alison and I out and about! =)

I hope everyone is have a lovely weekend, and if you don't own Metro Chic yet, I highly recommend you RUN to the nearest Sephora and buy 3 bottles. =)  Backup worthy.
~Kelsea

10 comments:

  1. love metro chic, it's my go-to color, i'm actually halfway thru my first, must get a second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour, I love that it is so unusual. You are looking really pretty in thes pics as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour! I think I have every taupe-ish shroom colour out there and if not it's not for lack of trying!

    I don't mind paying $9. Considering normal OPI retails for around $20 here, $9 is peanuts. Even though I only buy OPI over the internet for a fraction of that price. It's not nutso expensive to me because most brands are the same or more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks pretty - totally worth the $9!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey kelsea!! im so glad to see metro chic popping up again! It is one of my all-time favs and I'm so glad you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I was SO EXCITED to get Metro Chic...and since then I've only worn it once, on the day of my graduation from college. Maybe I should pull the little beauty back out. It looks naaaaiiiice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metro chic is such a gorgeous color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. =) Thank you everyone!!! I love reading comments. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the nail color!! cute blog :)


    xo,
    owl-wings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)