Thursday, May 20, 2010

Essie's Resort Collection: Swatches and Review

Dear Essie,
Thank you for this collection.  You have truly outdone yourself, and for that I am grateful.  Keep up the great work.
Love,
Kelsea.

If you don't have this collection yet, go get it.  YOU NEED IT.

I bought the mini bottles, but I kinda want bigger one's of a couple.  They're that good.


If I had been smart, which I wasn't, I would have lined them up in order with the box.
Playa De Platinum, Splash Of Grenadine, Lapis of Luxury, and Turquoise & Caicos.





First I wore Playa De Platinum.  Had to.  It's amazing!  This is definitely a new favorite of mine, and possibly my favorite of the collection?  I don't know.  It's tied between this and Splash of Grenadine.



It's very very similar to Chinchilly, pictured left, but a couple shades lighter.  I obviously need both haha.


Splash Of Grenadine is my other favorite.  Why am I holding a Milani bottle?  Dunno.


Splash of Grenadine is a tad darker than either of these pictures show.  It's a fantastic purple-y pink that is super unique, and fantastic.  I don't have anything else like it.


Turquoise & Caicos.  A very pretty minty light... well... turquoise.  




Here it is next to China Glaze's For Audrey.  Very similar, but For Audrey is a tad more blue.


Last but not least Lapis of Luxury.  A beautiful cornflower blue.  So flattering.




Here it is next to China Glaze's Secret Periwinkle.  Lapis of Luxury is a shade or so lighter.

So I guess I wouldn't consider any of these colors unique.  However, these colors are fantastic for spring, and look soo flattering on.  They all needed three coats, although I only did two on most of them to be honest.  They have that 'creme but looks kinda like a jelly because it's so sheer' look that I have really come to love.  Even I have to admit these are worth the extra effort.  I love them!


I hope everyone is well, and thanks for reading!
~Kelsea

6 comments:

  1. I'm wearing Turquoise & Caicos right now...I love it!

    -Jess
    http://darknightholdtight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, the review! Splash of Grenadine is definitely still my favorite, but I can't deny that that gray looks nice. Those mini-bottles are cute but kind of in a "aw, sad, it's so tiny" kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh. i really want Turquoise & Caicos :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turquoise and Caicos is my favourite. Love the name as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try these colors, especially Turquoise and Caicos...very nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Turquoise & Caicos and Lapiz of Luxury, I think I need the other two as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)