Thursday, July 22, 2010

113th Post for my 113 Followers =) NOTD's

Hey!  How've you all been?? I just got back a few days ago from my vacation to my dad's house and San Diego, and both went well.  It was relaxing and fun.  Now I am back to the old grind of work, but what else is new??

I know this isn't a food blog, but I had the most delicious salad last night and would like to share the recipe with you guys.  If you don't care just skip down!  It was a peach and feta balsamic vinaigrette salad and it was fantastic.  Of course you don't have to use all the ingredients I did, just do what you like!  I put:
Spring mix
A peach, cut up
Shaved carrot
Shaved radish
Orange cherry tomatoes
Cucumber
Red onion
Candied walnuts and died pomegranate (I bought them together in a bag, how convenient!)
Feta cheese

For the dressing:
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
dash of salt
dash of sugar
ground pepper, to taste
about a teaspoon of dijon mustard

MMM!!!  The sweetness of the peach, pomegranate and candied walnuts goes great with the bitter radish, spicy onion, and salty feta.  So good.

ANYWAY

I'm sorry I haven't been posting my NOTD's lately.  I'm a terrible friend!  Haha.

I have pictures of Rimmel's Crushed Pearl, OPI's Dazzled by Gold, and BB Couture's Opposites attract. I also wore a couple other colors, but they chipped so quickly I couldn't get photos.  LAME!









Let me just say that I bought this nail polish (along with steel gray which is on my toes right now) because I needed cash back.  However, I accidently used my credit card instead of my debit card, so it didn't let me get any cash back.  I'm dumb. 

I picked up this nail polish and was like OOOoooOoooo.  I knew I needed it even though it looked like a frost and I knew it would be a sheer pain in the ass.  Actually, I could have gotten away with two thick coats, but I did three anyway (weird, right?).  As soon as I finished putting it on I was in love.  It has this FANTASTIC red shimmer that makes it redish pinky in most lights.  It glows.  For the life of me I could not capture this shimmer on film.  Not even a little.  Trust me, there is a ridiculously awesome red flash to this polish.  You need it.








Oh Dazzled for Gold.  How I love you.  This is a foil.  It takes three coats, but it's totally worth it.  It has different shades of gold glitter in it, making it extremely dynamic and bright.  It some lights it looks like it's molten.  I call this, as well as my Hot Topic Silver Foil, my ROBOT NAILS.  I absolutely love it.  











BB Couture's Opposites Attract.  Holy mother of god I love this polish.  When I first got it I had no idea how to apply glass fleck, and has a seriously rough time with it.  The application turned me off to the polish for a while.  However, now that I actually semi know what I'm doing, I can handle the grittiness.  This polish is absolutely fantastic.  It has that black glitter that I absolutely love BB Couture for using, and the glass fleck makes for a truly unique and awesome medium gray.  Plus I just love all those weird colors we've been having lately: gray, puke green, tan, khaki, brown, purplegraybrown, you name it.  This is an amazing polish.

Also, on my vacation I went to the SD Zoo:

Oh hai, I didn't see you there.  I are a Polar Bear.

SO COOL

I also got to go to the Magic Castle in Hollywood. 
That's me and my daddy outside the Castle!  I love my dad... I'm such a daddy's girl!  =D

If you don't know what the Magic Castle is, it's a private club for magicians and their friends/family.  There is a ritzy restaurant, about 5 different bars that sell insanely expensive drinks, and about 5 different stages that put on magic shows all night.  You walk around, look at the crazy magic posters on the walls, request a song to be played by Irma the piano playing ghost, drink cocktails and watch magic shows all night.  It is epic fun.  You can see a deck of cards in my hand, that's because I got to be the magicians assistant for one show, and he gave me the deck of cards he'd been using all night as a souvenir!  SCORE!

Anyway, enough rambling.  If you made it though the whole post, I thank you.  If not, I hope you enjoyed the swatches!  Until next time!

<3

2 comments:

  1. Ugh you just created many new lemmings lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture of you! And isn't OPI Dazzled by Gold amazing haha I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! =)