Wednesday, February 16, 2011

City Color~ Life Gave Me Lemons

So I put them on my nails. =)

Hey guys!  I'm sure many of you have heard/read/seen Deborah Lippmann's Yellow Brick Road polish Lady Gaga was sporting at the Grammies.  Well, I was at Rite Aid yesterday searching for the Wet n Wild Palette in Comfort Zone and I found a nail polish display for a brand I've only recently heard of, City Color.  They had some pretty sweet spring colors, but I only picked up the polish I decided to call Life Gave Me Lemons. (So I Put Them on my Nails).  As far as I can tell none of their colors have names.  There's no sticker on the bottom, so maybe my Rite Aid got a bunch of defective ones?  Anyway, this color looks super similar to the promo pics I've been seeing of Yellow Brick Road.  And it cost $1.99.  I'm down!

Flash

Natural light.  Looks way too pastel. (although in direct sunlight it is more pastel)

Natural light and then I played with the levels.  That's why my fingers look like sausages!  Haha.  But yea, this is pretty much color accurate for the polish in unnatural lighting.

Crazy bright! 

While the formula was really easy to work with, this polish is super sheer.  Three coats and I still have VNL.  Ah well.  This polish rocks.  I'm super happy with it.  Go get it, girls!

Have a fabulous day!

<3Kelsea



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! =)